Pages - Menu

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bottle Opener Concept Connects to Facebook, Invites People Over

Wouldn't it be grand if every time you opened a beer, Facebook automatically created an event and invited all your friends over? I know that every time I sit down to enjoy a series of smooth draws from a delicious craft IPA after a long day of work, I'm thinking, "Hey, I wish everyone I knew on Facebook could be here to watch me drink this thing."
Bottle opener concept created by two students in Germany.

You initially link the bottle opener up with your Facebook account, and then the magic happens: 



"When a beer is opened, it directly creates a Facebook event at your location, inviting friends from your city."

There's a potential Heineken-sponsored upside to having everyone you know show up at your house, too: "Get as many people to RSVP as possible and whoever has the most friends attending gets a free Heineken case for next weekend!" You might want to check how much a case of Heineken costs in your neck of the woods to decide if it's really worth all the trouble.

Thankfully (or unfortunately), this is all still just a concept at the moment.
source : techland.time.com